The DC Jazz Festival is taking place in person from Wednesday, September 1, to Sunday, September 5 at The Wharf.
The 17th edition of the annual festival features more than 20 concerts, interviews and exclusive events with international and local superstars. It will also include livestream performances for a worldwide audience.
In 2020, the DC Jazz Festival was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The festival’s updated health and safety policies require all attendees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test result obtained within the past 72 hours along with a matching photo ID. It applies to attendees of both indoor and outdoor events.
Today is Day 1 of the 2021 #DCJazzFest and we’ve got all the details you’ll need to take your festival experience to the next level!
🎟: Limited general admission tickets for Sun. 9/5 are still available, get yours now: https://t.co/8nQZ43E9bJ (1/4) pic.twitter.com/efG0cuZHn9
— DC Jazz Festival (@dcjazzfest) September 1, 2021
The lineup for the 2021 DC JazzFest includes:
- Regina Carter
- John Scofield
- Maria Schneider Orchestra
- The Spanish Harlem Orchestra
- Pedrito Martinez Group
- Orrin Evans Presents “Terreno Comum”
- Lakecia Benjamin Presents: “Pursuance”
- Cyrus Chestnut
- Allyn Johnson
- Afro Blue
- Jenny Scheinman
- Laurin Talese
- Immanuel Wilkins Quartet
- The String Queens
- The Michael Bowie Trio
- The EJB Quartet
- Ernest Turner Trio
- Chuck Redd
There also special presentations:
- A Grand Night for Strings starring Regina Carter and featuring Jenny Scheinman, The String Queens, and The Michael Bowie Trio
- Celebrating Billy Taylor’s Centennial featuring Cyrus Chestnut, Allyn Johnson, Afro Blue, Winard Harper, and Chip Jackson
- Tribute to the Legendary Saxophonist Andrew White featuring Kevin Toney, Steve Novosel, Keith Killgo, Antonio Parker and special guests
- The 7th Annual DCJazzPrix Finals: The Giveton Gelin Quintet, Camilla George, and Dayramir Gonzalez & Habana enTRANCé
For further information, you can contact the festival’s publicist Lydia Liebman at email@example.com.