The Smithsonian’s National Zoo will host its annual beer festival “Brew at the Zoo” on Thursday, September 8.
Starting at 6:30 pm, the event will feature live music by Rollex Band and Ewabo Steel Drum Trio and a food truck fare, in addition to unlimited free beer tastings.
Visitors will have the chance to taste beer offered by more than 40 breweries that will come together for Brew at the Zoo for three hours.
After-hours access to the Zoo’s Great Cats exhibit, in which guests can view some of the world’s top predators, including African lions and Sumatran tigers, will also be available.
Tickets are priced at $50 for members and $60 for non-members.
Attendees must be 21 years and older, hence, no children will be permitted to enter.
The Zoo encourages guests to take public transportation such as Metro and rideshare services to the event.
Meet and greet amazing Zoo animals at Brew at the Zoo on Sept. 8. Get up close to an adorable tenrec who looks even more adorable taking a dust bath. Tickets include unlimited beer & cider tastings, a souvenir glass & live music. 🍻 🎟️ 🎶 🦔 pic.twitter.com/zFBO6cWQMn
— National Zoo (@NationalZoo) August 27, 2022
The schedule of animal demonstration at the event is as follows:
- 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. | Great Cats on view (Great Cats Circle)
- 6:30 p.m.| Meet a Reptile (Entrance to Claws & Paws Pathway)
- 6:30 p.m. | Meet a Donkey (Entrance to Kids’ Farm)
- 7 p.m. | Meet a Small Mammal (Entrance to Claws & Paws Pathway)
- 7:30 p.m. | Meet a Reptile (Entrance to Claws & Paws Pathway)
- 7:30 p.m. | Meet a Donkey (Entrance to Kids’ Farm)
- 8 p.m. | Meet a Small Mammal (Entrance to Claws & Paws Pathway)
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. | Exotic Bird Meet & Greet
For further information, visit the museum’s website.