The annual “D.C. Small Business Fair: Launch, Grow & Innovate Your Small Business” will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on June 19.
Sponsored by Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton‘s District Office, the free event is aiming to bring together small business owners, startups, entrepreneurs, and contractors.
Norton’s annual fair this year includes:
- New and improved business workshops with relevant content and engaging workshop leaders.
- Prominent business leaders and legal experts as speakers and workshop leaders.
- Opportunities to connect with federal and local D.C. government agencies, who are seeking contractors and small businesses to hire.
- A “Business Warriors Pitch” event, as well as the recognition of the Norton 2019 Small Business of the Year Award winner.
- An early morning networking event for small business owners.
The workshops planned to be held as part of the event are: Digital Marketing, Access to Capital, Legal Guidance, Government Certification, Crowdfunding & Venture Capital, Leadership & Building Successful Teams, Leveraging Technology, Scaling a Startup, Growing Your Business, Innovation and Business Mentorship.
“There are more than 76,000 small businesses registered in the District of Columbia and if you are one of them and want to launch, grow and innovate your business – YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THIS FREE EVENT TODAY,” the event brief says.