DC officials announced that outdoor pools and recreation centers across the city will remain open for late-night parties every Friday this summer.
Residents of all ages are invited to join the upcoming “Late Night Drips” at DC outdoor pools and “Late Night Hypes” at recreation centers, first of which will take place on Friday, June 10 at Ridge Road Pool from 6 pm to 11 pm.
The announcement came from DC Mayor Muriel Bowser and the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) on Tuesday, June 7.
“We’ve been thrilled to see the success of DPR’s innovative Late Night Hype events, with thousands of residents joining together for nights of community fun,” Bowser said in a statement. “Now, we’re excited to expand the popular series to our pools and ensure young people have plenty of safe, fun, and engaging options this summer throughout the District.”
Late Night Hype features live music, bounce houses, popcorn, skating/biking, snow cones, video games, and more, while Late Night Drip pool parties will be held at DPR’s 23 outdoor pools until 11 pm.
Late Night Drip and Late Night Hype events are scheduled as follows:
- Friday, June 10 (6 – 11 pm): Late Night Drip at Ridge Road Pool, 830 Ridge Rd SE
- Friday, June 17 (6 – 10 pm): Late Night Hype at Kennedy Rec Center, 1401 7th St NW
- Friday, June 24 (6 – 10 pm): Late Night Hype at Bald Eagle Rec Center, 100 Joliet St SE
- Friday, July 8 (6 – 11 pm): Late Night Drip at Oxon Run Pool, 501 Mississippi Ave SE
- Friday, July 15 (6 – 10 pm): Late Night Hype at Emery Heights Comm Center, 5701 George Ave NW
- Friday, July 22 (6 – 11 pm): Late Night Drip at Woody Ward Pool 5100 Southern Ave SE
- Friday, July 29 (6 – 10 pm): Late Night Hype at Rosedale Rec Center, 1701 Gales St NE
- Friday, August 5 (6 – 11 pm): Late Night Drip at Fort Stanton Pool, 1800 Erie St SE
- Friday, August 12 (6 – 10 pm): Late Night Hype at Turkey Thicket Rec Center, 1100 Michigan Ave NE
- Friday, August 19 (6 – 11 pm): Late Night Drip at Banneker Pool, 2500 Georgia Ave NW