A number of restaurants in Washington, D.C. and Virginia are taking part in a program called “Shop to Give” to raise funds for studies on pediatric cancer in cooperation with Chance for Life in September.
Throughout the pediatric cancer awareness month, the Virgina-based charity Chance for Life join forces with various organizations both for raising awareness on the issue and collecting financial support for pediatric cancer research.
The group’s goal for September 2019 is to raise $500,000 to fund cancer survivors. Around $51,000 of the total goal has been reached so far.
Among the restaurants participating in the “Shop to Give” program in the D.C., Maryland, Virginia (DMV) area are:
- The Michelin-starred restaurant Chloe which is located at 1331 4th Street SE, The Yards / Capitol Riverfront, D.C.
- Virtue Feed & Grain, known as a hip tavern in a former 18th-century granary, at 106 S Union St, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- The Italian deli Grazie Grazie at 85 District Square SW, D.C. 20024.
- The Indian restaurant RASA at 1247 First Street SE, D.C. 20003.
- Yume Sushi located at 2121 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington VA 22213.
- The Salt Line at 79 Potomac Ave, SE, D.C.
- Junction Bakery & Bistro at 1508 Mt Vernon Ave #1718, Alexandria, VA 22301.
“All month long, you can visit any of these retailers to make a difference in ending pediatric cancer,” says Chance for Life.
Every restaurant has a different way for customers’ donations. You need to add a donation to Chance for Life on the check at some restaurants, while others require you to add a dollar to your payment, so make sure you ask employees about how to donate to the program at each place.
Aside from “Shop to Give,” you can choose texting “CFLSEP” to 555888 or using the link on the website of Chance for Life in order to donate for the cause.