The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) said Metrobus is expanding late-night service and restoring more of the pre-pandemic routes, beginning Sunday, June 6.
On 36 of the busiest routes in the Washington metropolitan area, late-night service will be extended through 2 am.
In addition, over 60 Metrobus routes across the region will receive service improvements for increased frequency and reliability.
Approximately 180,000 rider trips on average took place per day on weekdays in April 2021, according to WMATA, which says bus service will be back to 85 percent of its pre-pandemic levels thanks to the new update, keeping up with the growing number of riders.
— Metro (@wmata) May 6, 2021
Service will extend until 2 am seven days a week on these routes:
- DC: 32, 33, 36, 38B, 52, 70, 80, 92, A6, A8, G8, H4, L2, P6, S2, U5, V2, W2, W4, X2
- MD: A12, C4, D12, F4, J2, K6, P12, T18, Y2, Z8
- VA: 1A, 7A, 10A, 16E, 23B, 28A, 38B
Pre-pandemic levels of service will be restored on the following routes:
- DC: 60, W3 (Saturday)
- MD: C29 (Saturday)
Weekend service will be back on:
- DC: 62
Weekday service restored:
- VA: 18J, 23B, 23T, 26A, 28F
New or extended routes to increase AM/PM rush hour service:
- MD: C26
- VA: 11C (New), 17K, 21C (New), 22F
Service adjustments will be implemented to improve service and reliability on the following routes (check timetables for schedule information):
- DC: 30N, 30S, 32, 36, 64, 96, A2, A4, M4, W3, W5
- MD: D13, D14, G12, G14
Starting July 10, 2021, Fairfax Connector will assume operations of five Metrobus routes – 3T, 15K, 3A, 29C, 29W – to restore and provide enhanced service to key areas in Fairfax County with connections to the McLean, East Falls Church, West Falls Church, and Pentagon Metrorail Stations. The routes will be operated by Fairfax Connector as follows:
- Fairfax Connector Route 703 (formerly Metrobus 3T)
- Fairfax Connector Route 715 (formerly Metrobus 15K)
- Fairfax Connector Route 803 (formerly Metrobus 3A)
- Fairfax Connector Route 834 (formerly Metrobus 29C)
- Fairfax Connector Route 835 (formerly Metrobus 29W)